House of Cool is looking for Animatic Editors!
Position: Animatic Editor
Term: Full Time, Employee/Freelance
Start Date: May 2021 - July 2021
Annual Salary: $78,000-$104,000
House of Cool in Toronto, is seeking Animatic Editors!
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is to bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Animatic Editor!
- Establish editorial pipeline
- Responsible for generating a rough assembly cut of the episode based on the Director’s notes and vision.
- Ensure that the animatic is reviewed, revised and final approved by Director and other creative department heads.
- Generate notes and apply to ensure that animatic timing is accurate.
- Ensure that quality issues and clarity are adhered to for sound. As needed, add temporary sound effects from sound libraries.
- Ensure Production is aware of the temp music, sound requests and any quality issues.
- Participate in animatic pitch sessions and maintain responsibility for all revisions to animatic.
- Work with Director & Producer to intake animatic notes, provide revisions, clarify feedback and generate an output of the locked animatic and prepare for shipping to vendor studios.
- Create outputs of assembly animatic and locked animatic for shipping to partner studios.
- Ensure production staff is made aware of pickup lines and scratch dialog.
- Responsible for timely delivery of final deliverables and partner with production to ensure issues or concerns are elevated as needed.
- Create edit list as a reference for partner studios to ensure timing is accurate.
- Previous related experience in a production environment on an animated series or feature film
- Strong understanding of story and pacing
- Understanding of 2D and 3D concepts and workflows
- Production experience with Avid Media Composer, Premier Pro and Storyboard Pro
- Ability to adapt to varying production demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Proactive thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work as part of a team
- Extremely organized
- Due to Covd-19 restrictions, all positions will be Work From Home until further notice
- Reliable computer and internet connection
2 References Required
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Please submit resumes and references to Drew Ng, firstname.lastname@example.org