House of Cool is looking for Assistant Editors!
Position: Assistant Editor
Term: Full Time, Employee/Freelance
Start Date: May 2021 - July 2021
Annual Salary: $45,000-$55,000
House of Cool in Toronto, is seeking Assistant Editors!
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is to bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Assistant Editor!
- Responsible for importing and generating a rough assembly cut of episodes or sequences based on the storyboard and script with an emphasis on timing
- Ensure that the rough assembly is reviewed and approved by the Editor
- Organize and manage voice record deliveries
- Ensure that the production staff are aware of added lines and scratch dialog
- Ensure all project files follow approved tech specs
- As needed, add temporary sound effects and music from approved sound libraries
- As needed, cut revisions into animatics using notes and directions from the Editor
- Create shipping animatic output from locked animatic project partner studios. The shipping animatic includes scene numbers and footage count (all specs required for production as requested by Editor or Producer)
- Responsible for timely execution of deliverables and partnering with production to ensure issues or concerns are elevated as needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of animation processes and pipelines and ability to read animation schedules and production reports
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Toonboom Storyboard Pro or Avid required
- Knowledge of Shotgun
- 1-2 years’ experience required, preferably in a studio setting
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, all positions will be work from home until further notice
- Reliable computer and internet connection
2 References Required
Only those considered for the position will be contacted
Please submit resumes and references to Drew Ng, email@example.com