House of Cool is looking for a Head of Story
Position: Head of Story
Term: Full Time, Employee/Freelance
Start Date: May 2021
Annual Salary: $104,000-$120,000
House of Cool in Toronto, is seeking Head of Story!
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is to bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Head of Story!
- To supervise and lead the storyboard team on a day-to-day basis. Ensuring artists are briefed, having regular work- in -progress reviews & are working towards delivering the strongest output in time available.
- To help set and maintain the story, camera, boarding rules within the storyboarding team
- Cast script sequences to artists and in dissemination of work to keep department moving toward scheduled reels screenings
- Establish a clear and workable pipeline for the delivery of the storyboards to the edit, from first passes through to retakes.
- Partners with Director and Producer to realize their creative vision and balance creative and production requirements
- Lead in sequence kick-offs with other Key Creatives
- To be involved in our various storyboard passes, from beat board to clean poses, helping to refine and clarify the storytelling points, compositions and poses of the scenes.
- Responsible for reviews of story crew which recognize strengths and identify weaknesses
- Review designs to ensure the story team has all needed requirements
- Liaise with the production department to ensure deadlines are kept and quotas are fulfilled
- Fosters a spirit of collaboration, positivity and dedication
- A desire and ability to lead, mentor and motivate a team of Storyboard Artists
- Passion for storytelling
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to work collaboratively & efficiently in a fast-paced quality driven team
- Sound knowledge of story structure, character development, staging, cinematography and pacing
- 6 years professional experience as a Storyboard Artist on multiple feature length animated films
- A comprehensive understanding of both cinematic storytelling and how a story department functions
- Superior ability to create story ideas, to recognize and solve story problems, and to suggest alternate story ideas
- Reliable computer and internet connection
2 References Required
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Please submit resumes and references to Drew Ng, email@example.com