House of Cool is looking to grow our storyboard team!
Position: INTERMEDIATE and SENIOR Story Artists
Term: Full Time, Employee/Freelance
Start Date: Mid June or earlier
Annual Salary: $78,000 – $110,000
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as the up coming productions: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is the bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Storyboard Artist!
- Work with script to produce dynamic storyboard panels for sequences/episodes
- Attention to detail, clarity, acting, and cinematographic storytelling
- Communicate progress with Director and Production staff
- Pitch boards to Director and Head of Story
- Follow launches/direction and revisions for each stage of the boarding process
- Troubleshoot story issues and help find solutions
- Maintain deadlines from launch to final deliverables
- Consistently achieve the quality and style of the project
- Collaborate with grace, humility, and open mindedness
- 4+ years experience on animated feature film or 3D pipelines (non‐preschool)
- Strong sense of story, composition and character acting
- Must be able to illustrate digitally in any style required
- Storyboard samples or credits demonstrating desired traits listed in posting
- Inclusive team player, able to collaborate with international and remote crew
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working in studio preferred, freelance available
- Ontario residents preferred, others will be considered
- Expertise in Photoshop and Storyboard Pro required, experience with Flix a bonus
- May be asked to complete a test
2 References Required
Only those considered for the position will be contacted