House of Cool is looking for a Intermediate Production Accountant
Position: Intermediate Production Accountant
Term: full time
Start Date: immediate
Annual Salary: Competitive Salary
House of Cool in Toronto is seeking an Intermediate Production Accountant!
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is to bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Intermediate Production Accountant!
- Generate monthly internal cost reports for multiple projects
- Work with Producers to maintain detailed cost information, schedules, and staffing requirements
- Analyse, track and research variances regarding actuals vs. budgets/forecasts and quickly estimate and evaluate production health
- Assist in budgeting new animated series
- Contribute to the design and build of analytical reports and tracking tools used for reporting and analysis.
- Prepare monthly client cost reports
- Liaise with Payroll Accountant and HR department for payroll corrections/adjustments
- Coding of production accounts payable and independent contractor invoices
- Knowledge in Union and Guild Remittances
- Assist with cash flow projections on productions
- Analyse estimated production tax credits
- Quarter end and month end forecast reconciling
- Prepare and file accreditation applications for Production Service Tax Credits
- Assist with year-end and production filings and audits
- Occasional posting of journal entries in accounting system
- Setting up new shows in accounting system and cost report template
- Ensure accurate attribution of studio cost to shows
- Other duties as requested by upper management and producers
- 3+ years’ experience in progressive production accounting positions
- Animation or production experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Efficient and detail oriented
- Able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Must be open to direction and able to embrace change
- Open to Ontario residents and people from other provinces who are moving to Ontario
2 References Required
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.