Production Coordinator, Design
Position: Production Coordinator, Design
Start Date: ASAP
Annual Salary: $51,000-$59,000/ annual
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is to bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Production Coordinator, Design!
- Schedule & setup meetings, launches and reviews, maintaining the show calendar
- Attend and prepare detailed notes from screenings with Directors, Supervisors and Crew
- Perform script breakdown to maintain expected asset counts per episode
- Liaison between Design and Story Team for designs
- Organize and keep track of MDP, episodic assets and design reuses/library
- Assist the production team with communicating quotas and deadlines
- Work directly with the Art Director and artists to ensure they are successful in completing tasks and assignments on schedule
- Maintain schedule on a day-today basis to track all assignments, escalating any issues to their supervisor that could affect deadlines
- Organize and manage artist and client deliveries
- Maintain a professional demeanour with artists, production staff and clients
- Communicate directly with partners and clients, as required
- Take on new challenges to have a more detailed understanding of the animation and preproduction pipeline
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the VFX or animation production industry
- Highly organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time while remaining efficient and mindful of strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists and producers
- Understanding of animation processes including story, editorial, design, asset tracking and animation is considered an asset
- Working experience with Shotgun is considered an asset
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite products (Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Proactive and personable team player
- Reliable internet connection. Internet Bandwidth requirement – minimum range of 40 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up
2 References Required
Ontario residents preferred, but all applicants will be considered.
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Please submit resumes and references to houseofcool.bamboohr.com/jobs.