House of Cool is looking for a Production Manager!
Position: Production Manager
Term: Full Time, Employee/Freelance
Start Date: May 2021
Annual Salary: $60,000-$72,000
House of Cool in Toronto, is seeking a Production Manager!
House of Cool is the leading studio in animation for Pre‐Production throughout the world. Together with our clients, the House of Cool team has worked to design stories and craft some of the worlds coolest Animated Series and Feature Films such as: Spies in Disguise (Disney/Fox) and Maya and the Three (Netflix). House of Cool has also worked on Next Gen (Netflix), Ferdinand (Fox), The Book of Life (Fox), Rio 1 & 2 (Fox) and many more productions!
Our Mission is to bring families and audiences together through the development of unforgettable animated characters in feature films and series. We look to achieve this through our creative and professional talents that make up the growing family at House of Cool. We pride ourselves in being an equal opportunity employer providing training and workshops to develop skills and values necessary for artists to thrive in our dynamic and awesome industry.
About the Production Manager!
- Produce and maintain a detailed weekly report of the production for all the individual departments, while ensuring the team understand the deadlines of each task along with the main delivery deadlines of the project
- Implement and monitor schedules for design, story and editorial departments.
- Maintain schedule on a day-today basis to track all assignments, escalating any issues that could affect deadlines
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the Producers and team Supervisors on the production status
- Work with the Line Producer and assist in mentoring the Production Coordinator and Production Assistant
- Help to maintain the creative expectations of the project
- Support the Line Producer in the management of all procedures and deliverables through the production while ensuring that storyboards and animatics are aligned with the production schedule, budget and creative vision
- Maintain a professional demeanour with artists, production staff and clients
- Take on new challenges as required to have a more detailed understanding of the animation and preproduction pipeline
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Production Coordinator or Production Manager in the Animation industry.
- Highly organized with excellent scheduling and task management skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to problem solve effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks at a time while remaining efficient and mindful of strict deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with clients, artists and producers
- Strong understanding of full animation pipeline, specifically story, editorial, design and asset tracking and layout.
- Working experience with Shotgun is considered an asset
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite products (Excel, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Proactive and personable team player
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, all positions will be work from home until further notice
- Reliable internet connection
2 References Required
Ontario residents preferred, but all applicants will be considered.
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Please submit resumes and references to Drew Ng, email@example.com